Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Colouring Inside the Lines



I have been progressively looking more and more at maps, and the idea of plotting journeys and the patterns the plottings created. I began by colouring in the porcelain with Promarkers as I like the way the ink was quickly absorbed and layered well. I then went to add some water colours as the marker pen colours were relatively limiting. I admit the result is not great.

The theory behind colouring the porcelain in was to reflect the projects theme. So far I have been thinking about Margate in the past, my childhood and memories. Therefore using felt tips felt suitable, childish and raw. I chose colours often found in children's atlas books and hoped for the best!


Unfortunately I am not pleased with the result so I am going to attack it next with some white spray paint and hopefully restore it to the simple more effective state I had post firing.

No comments:

Post a Comment